Thursday, June 16, 2011

Farmer's Market




Hiya!
Last Saturday, I went to the Brownsville Farmer's Market and it was so awesome! There were so many sights and smells: some people sold their paintings, photographs, and crafts, but mostly they sold delicious locally grown and raised food! There was little round butternut squash, and tall lemon grass, and honey and salsa and honey-salsa. There were eggs and beef and chicken and tacos and tamales and fruit cups and big yellow pineapples and bright green cinnamon basil and it all looked and smelled wonderful. I only had $5.00 and I got 6 ripe tomatos and 4 plump cucumbers! As soon as I got home I could not wait to try my "catch" so I sliced the tomatoes and cucumbers up with my claws and gobbled it all up! I had gooey tomato juice on my wiskers and cucumber peel in between my fangs but I didn't care because it was so so so yummy! To visit the Farmer's Market, every Saturday between 9am and 12pm, go to Linear Park (in front of the courthouse) between 7th and Harrison St. Don't forget to bring your loose change! Check out the website!
Buh Bye,
Aya

No comments:

Post a Comment